Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Directions

Another interesting thing I've noticed about Daughter of Purpose is her ability to know her surroundings. I noticed this awhile ago, but was watching to see if it was a fluke or not. We can be driving somewhere and if she knows our destination, she knows if we are going in the right direction or not.

For example, when we get off the freeway, she knows we are almost to church. We can even be driving somewhere else but is near the church and she can identify where the church is in relation to us.

It is not uncommon for her to direct me that I am going the wrong direction if I change course from what I told her our agenda was. Just the other day she knew we were going to our school group, but I decided to stop somewhere else on the way without telling her. As we pulled out of our neighborhood and I went left, she piped up from the backseat, "Hey Mom, you are going the wrong way. School is the other way."

The other moment that cracked me up was when we came out of In-n-Out Burger. In order to get to our house from In-n-Out Burger, you have to go right and then make a U-turn, but yet our house is to the left. Daughter of Purpose let me know that I was going the wrong way because home was back that way. I had to explain to her what I was doing. She still didn't really get why I couldn't go left, but once we got back to heading in the right direction she relaxed.

Since I'm directionally challenged, it is good thing that God gave me Daughter of Purpose. Apparently with her in the car, I'll never get lost!

1 Samuel 1:27 "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him."

No comments: