Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Pullin' Up My Bootstraps

Today I had to pull up my bootstraps and do what had to be done. I didn't like it, but I had to do it. After staying up into the wee hours of the morning preparing 46 documents to be notarized tonight, I learned this morning (after I took a little nap to get through this day) from our agency that all 46 documents would have to be re-done.

The reason? As of January 1st, California tightened up their notary rules and has now required that the wording on each notary be exact, we must be ID'd by our notary (even if they know us) and we must give our thumbprint each time. I "just happened" to be with one of our notary friends yesterday getting the psychiatrist letter notarized. She was aware of the changes and was prepared with an attachment for our document with the correct wording. No problem or so we thought. We would just attach that new wording to all 46 documents and be good to go. Right? Wrong...

As I talked through it with our agency this morning, they felt that 46 documents being done "differently" in such a manner that we crossed out the original notary wording and attached another paper would wave a big red flag at Russia. So they had to make the very tough decision that they would e-mail me all of the documents in Word, instead of PDF and I would need to go through every document and replace the original notary wording with the new California standard wording. Lucky me!

I have a friend that I can never say enough thank you to because she gladly watched my kids for the day so that I could push through and get everything ready for that notary appointment tonight. All I can say is that she rocks because four hours later I finally printed out the last document. Oh...and I can't forget to brag on my husband because he stepped up and made sure the kids got to their activities at church tonight. He rocks too!

It is now 2 1/2 hours later since I had to re-fill out every blank in BLUE INK! I have literally crossed my "T"s and dotted my "I"s and now I have a hand cramp. Off to rest before the notary gets here so my hand doesn't totally freeze up on me while I sign my life away!

II Corinthians 5:7 "For we walk by faith, not by sight."

1 comment:

Winter said...

So much stress! You are in my thoughts and prayers! Is the end in sight?