Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Heart of a Child

Yesterday, out of nowhere, my oldest daughter came to me with all of her money. She said, "Mom, I really want a sister. I really want her to come home soon and I know we still need some more money to do that. So here is all of my money I've been saving. It's only $26.63 which I know isn't much, but you said that every little bit counts. I want you to use all of my money to bring my sister home."

Talk about a touching moment! I am so proud of my oldest daughter for being willing to give up her precious money she had been saving to invest in the life of an orphan. I am so proud of her for realizing that although what she gave was little, that it makes a difference--that God can multiply it. I am one proud Mama right now!

II Corinthians 5:7 "For we walk by faith, not by sight."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That says a lot about you. You've raised her to have a servant's heart... Go girl!