Thursday, March 20, 2008

Waiting...

There seems to be a theme in our life right now...waiting. You would think that after being on this adoption journey for over 2 years, we'd be pros at waiting, but I guess not. I guess God thinks we still have something to learn.

At this point, we are just waiting on those two documents that should arrive any day in the mail. As soon as we have those, we will be able to get travel dates. I feel like an expectant mother. I wake up every day wondering if this will be "the day"--the day we find out when we will be able to return for our daughter. The more I wait, the more there is an ache inside. I miss her and cannot wait for her to come home.

The kids and I spent a part of yesterday and today getting things ready for her arrival. We made her bed, hung her dresses, put clothes away in the dresser and made room for her toys so that it doesn't feel like she's a guest in our oldest daughter's room. The kids are so excited. They've made so many pictures for her that I don't think there is enough wall space in our whole house to display them all.

Our whole family waits in anticipation and feels like they might burst soon. I'm pretty sure our little daughter on the other side of the ocean can relate with our feelings. Pray for those documents to return so that our family can be reunited ASAP.

II Corinthians 5:7 "For we walk by faith, not by sight."

1 comment:

Aron said...

I remember waiting for that call. Now a days, we're waiting for his social security card so we can do our taxes. It's not quite the same, but reminds me every day when it's not in the mail! Praying for you guys.