Friday, March 21, 2008

Tooth Fairy

What does the Tooth Fairy have to do with our adoption? Well, Mr. Working-On-Not-Being-Selfish came to me this morning after discovering $1 under his pillow from the Tooth Fairy and said, "Mama, do you still need money for the adoption?" When I replied, "Yes" he handed me his hard earned Tooth Fairy money and then went to his piggy bank and gave me everything he could (he's saving $3 for Awana). I am not one who cries easily but this brought me to tears this morning. I know that I've already experienced this with my older daughter, but it was different for Mr. Working-On-Not-Being-Selfish. He is selfish about everything...money, food, toys, time...you name it. This was uncharacteristic behavior for him and I cannot discount the depth of the sacrifice for him. Thank you, Lord, for using this adoption journey to mold the hearts of my children along the way.

II Corinthians 5:7 "For we walk by faith, not by sight."

1 comment:

Jennefer said...

How Sweet! Thanks for sharing