Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Card Player

Although the days inside are long during the winter, there is one thing that I love about these colder months. We have a home that is freezing downstairs so we are driven to live a lot of our time upstairs in the coziness of our master bedroom (if we had a kitchen up there I don't think we'd ever leave). Part of our room is like a sitting area so I've created it to be a game and puzzle area for all of us to enjoy--and enjoy it we do!

The problem with this area of our house though is that with all of those puzzles and games--all of the pieces explode on a regular basis. So this year for Christmas, I gave myself a $30 gift of organization and tackled that particular area of our home. I am so glad I did because we have spent a large portion of our vacation time doing my favorite winter activity...playing board games and doing puzzles. We can now see the forest for the trees and the kids can clearly see the "homes" of each item. The older kids have been having a "Clue Fest" and playing detective. The younger ones have been playing "Guess Who" and being junior detectives.

In the midst of all of this game playing though has been Daughter of Purpose trying to figure out what's going on. The other night I finally landed on a game that she could play and she is now so delighted to play along with us--especially with her handy card holder. Now she can be her own team instead of having to be on Mommy or Daddy's team for a more complex game. It's like a junior Uno or Winnie the Pooh Uno. It's perfect for her color, number and matching skills. Here is a picture of the happy card player that can now join in on a winter family tradition.
1 Samuel 1:27 "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

where did you get that snazzy card holder?
anne

Anonymous said...

She's getting so Big!!!!!

Stacie said...

Brandy-

This is Stacie. I tried emailing you and discovered I didn't have it. Email me at africagirl76@hotmail.com and I would love to connect with you more regarding our last conversation