Sunday, December 28, 2008

Tomatoes

Never have a met such a child as Daughter of Purpose. You see we are not a tomatoe kind of family, but yet Daughter of Purpose regularly walks around the house with a snack bag full of cut up tomatoes as a snack. Since tomatoes just don't make it onto our menu, I'm not quite sure how I figured it out, but she absolutely loves them. They are like candy to her. Even though in the past I never bought tomatoes, they have become a regular thing for me to buy since I really can't complain about her snack choice!

Just the other night, Daughter of Purpose went to the grocery store with me. In the produce section we stumbled upon "grape tomatoes." I had no idea they existed, but if you were in that part of the store with us, you would've thought she'd won the lottery! She even came up with a plan of how to get her siblings to eat them with her because she knows she is alone in her love of tomatoes in our home. She decided that I should serve them up as grapes--telling her siblings they were grapes and they would surely enjoy them with her. I didn't have the heart to tell her that they'd probably notice the red color right away and know I was telling a fib!

Well, I got out those grape tomatoes today and she couldn't have been happier.
1 Samuel 1:27 "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you've got to be kidding me. you've never heard of grape tomatoes before? really? they're my favorite kind of tomato!
heehee... it's cute how much she likes them...