Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Dress That Keeps on Giving


I need to be sewing my children's Christmas gifts so this is a brief post, but I just couldn't pass it up. Above you will see some very special dresses on our girls. They wore then today for church.

Way back when Nate and I got married, my mother-in-law sewed all of the cumberbuns and ties for our wedding. When Mini-Me was born, she used the scraps from that fabric and created a dress for her. Pretty cool, huh?

A few weeks back, my mother-in-law asked me if I still had that dress because she had an idea. Well frankly, I had forgotten about that dress and I didn't know where it was. I took a gamble and there it was in my cedar chest. Eureka!

Well, guess what? That dress just happens to fit Daughter of Purpose and it gave my mother-in-law another idea. Since there was not enough of the wedding fabric left, she made a complimentary dress for Mini-Me to now wear alongside Daughter of Purpose. I suppose you could say that special dress has now come full circle. That dress is now extra precious to us. I think that when she's done wearing it, I will put it back in my cedar chest to save for my grandchildren. It's the dress that keeps on giving.
1 Samuel 1:27 "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him."


1 comment:

heather said...

what a sweet story! it looks like you now have a family heirloom!