Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I'm Leaving On a Jet Plane...

...don't know when I'll be back again. Never really got into that song before, but it seems so fitting now! I should be taking a shower and running around like a wild-woman as we aim to get out the door by 9:00 am, but no, instead I am here with you. Can't help it! Just wanted to share our excitement that we leave today to pick up our daughter! Woo hoo! This trip is over 2 years in the making and it's finally here! Pinch me! It doesn't seem real, but it's happening. I can't believe that when we leave Russia this time, we'll be leaving with our daughter.

Although I haven't always understood God's timing along the way, I am grateful that it has worked out this way...to be matched with such a perfect child for our family. I didn't say it would be easy, but I know that in the long run it will be worth it all.

Off we go...by the way, consult the clock in the sidebar for Russia's time. Since I checked last, they are on their form of daylight savings, so now they are back at 11 hours ahead of us.

II Corinthians 5:7 "For we walk by faith, not by sight."

No comments: