Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mommy's Visit

Here is another picture I took today for you to enjoy "Her Royal Cuteness."

Today I went to the orphanage to visit our daughter on my own. Nathan had a huge headache and wasn't sure about his stomach so he decided to stay back at the hotel in case he had a virus. He didn't want to give anything to the orphans.

When I got there, our daughter seemed ready for our visit today. She told me through the translator that she was not going to cry today and was waiting all day for us to come. It took her a few minutes to notice that "Papa" was missing, but once I explained it to her she was okay and played away in her ordinary way.

Nothing super special happened today until I got ready to leave. Today came with a good twist. She began to cry and say that she did not want to go back to her groupa. She wanted me to stay. Woo hoo! This was so awesome to have her be upset about my coming and going! I promised her I would be back tomorrow and that I would bring "Papa" with me. That seemed to satisfy her.
1 Samuel 1:27 "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him."

3 comments:

MoscowMom said...

Congratulations!!!!! Will you be coming through Moscow? Can I assist you in any way? All of you children are beautiful, but the sparkle in your new daughter's eyes, well, WOW.

tamara221 at hotmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I am curious if you have found out the name of my new sister's little friend at the orphanage. Also, if you have taken pictures of her little friend.

I love you!
Tiana

Allison Vasquez said...

Perhaps the 10 day waiting period will be a blessing. Aeniah is learning to trust you as you come back each day.