Sunday, April 6, 2008

Reality

Reality is setting in. As much as we'd like our court date to April 14th, only a miracle could get us there in time. To meet that court date, we would have to leave on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. Well, we don't have Visas yet, nor do we have hotel or airline reservations. Nor has our grant money arrived at our doorstep (it's on its way). Hmm...those are all problems.

At this point, our agency is now telling us that it looks very probable that our court date will be on April 21st. I'm not holding my breath. I'm tired of getting excited for no purpose. So until they tell us to book our flights, I'm holding out.

With the new projected court date comes another document I must re-do. Ugh! Of course another document must be done. There's always another document to re-do. I'm so burned out on documents that part of me wants to be rebellious and just take my chances, but the wisdom side of my tells me I'd be a fool, especially since this particular document requires us to be fingerprinted for the 400th time. I don't exactly think they have Live Scan in Russia so that would pose a problem to do remotely. As you can tell we have to have our State Level Police Check done. I asked if we could just have it re-printed with a new date, but the DOJ says it must be re-done just in case we've become criminals in the last 3 months.

Realistically, I know that God is in control and there must be a reason for our waiting. I just have to keep pressing forward and doing what must be done because on the other side of this wait is a beautiful little girl that is probably studying her "family book" we left for her each day. I just pray that we get there before she gives up hope that we are coming back for her.

II Corinthians 5:7 "For we walk by faith, not by sight."

1 comment:

candice said...

"Therefore since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us..."
Hebrews 12:1

I was thinking and praying for you this morning and this verse came to mind. Don't lose heart, Brandy- this life is not a short sprint, but a long-distance race- and God has already gone before you and prepared the finish line! Be strong in the Lord and He who has began a good work in your (and Natalya's)life, is faithful to complete it. :-)
She is in the Father's hands right now and don't worry, I don't think she's going to forget about you!