Saturday, May 10, 2008

Change of Heart

Well, we've had a change of heart. We are going to go to our daughter's orphanage on Sunday for a visit. When our translator called today to tell us how our daughter was doing without us, she said that she's missing us. The translator also said that the orphanage director suggested that we come on Sunday. We said, "Great, but no thank you. We will come again on Monday."

Next thing we know, we've got a personal meeting with our coordinator this afternoon. He came all the way to the hotel to ask us our reason for not wanting to return until Monday. We expressed our feeling of being in an experiment and he understood our position. However, he also explained to us that he had gone to the orphanage and talked with our daughter and her caregivers. Apparently since this is a big holiday weekend, many parents are coming to the orphanage to visit their children. This has caused anxiety in our daughter because she is missing us and is very worried as to why her parents are not coming to visit. Once he explained it in that light we understood why she would be so much more concerned than usual. So we decided to pull up our bootstraps and go for a visit tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon. I guess that would be a Mother's Day gift to myself. Let's just hope she gives me the gift of happiness and no crying.

By the way, when do I celebrate Mother's Day? Tomorrow or the next day? When I receive custody of my daughter on Monday here, but it's really still Sunday (Mother's Day) at home--does that count as the best Mother's Day gift ever?

1 Samuel 1:27 "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just sent a Mother's Day picture from your 4 sweeties here at home. Don't delete it :) They are sending all their love to both of you.
We love you... Dad & Mom

candice said...

Yes, I would argue that it counts and that it is DEFINATELY the best Mother's Day gift ever! I am glad that you are pulling up your bootstraps so to speak- I don't think you'll regret it. :-)

Have a glorious "Gotcha Day" on Monday/Sunday(for us)... !!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I hope you had a marvelous mother's day with the greatest gift of all!!

What I said about the trucks are true for Europe, but Scott tells me that Russians drive russian cars and they don't make any pick-up trucks in Russia. That's probably the most correct answer to your question. Growing up in a country where it's daylight until 11 pm, you learn from early age to sleep when it's light. Likewise it's hard to go to school when it's dark in the winter...anyway have a great MOTHER'S DAY!!!!

Your European friend that is not celebrating Mother's Day until another two weeks.

Sofia