Saturday, May 10, 2008

A Decision Made

We made the decision to not return to the orphanage until Monday when we have our decree in our hand. We decided we were tired of the microscope and hopefully this way our daughter will miss us and be happy to see us on Monday. Our hope is also that she'll be ready to go to the mall with us since we promised her that. Of course, this is all just hopes, but we'll see how it goes when we get there on Monday. All we really know for sure is that we couldn't see what good would come from 2 more days of our daughter crying, the orphanage staff watching over our shoulder and then coming in to "save" her and lie to her.

Yesterday (Friday), we slept in and then had some lunch in our favorite cafe and then enjoyed Victory Day here by going for a walk down to the city center. While there we saw lots of people enjoying their day off and listened to a Russian concert. Nothing too exciting, but at least it got us out of our room. If it were up to me, I'd stay safely in our room unless it was necessary to leave. Frankly, I wouldn't even be here in another country except for the fact that it's the only way to pick up my daughter. Nate, on the other hand, he's got an adventureous spirit. He's the reason we get out of the room at least twice per day. He can't stand being cooped up and drags me out with him. I can't say I ever regret it so I'm thankful we make such a good team!

Off to enjoy another relaxing day and explore (because I know Nate will make me). :)

1 Samuel 1:27 "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him."

No comments: