Monday, May 12, 2008

She Is Ours!

Woo hoo! Our daughter is finally officially ours! This will be brief because she is keeping us very busy. So far she's done decently. Nothing like a good flailing tantrum through the lobby of the hotel. We thought that going out to eat and for a walk would be a good idea for our daughter initially, but she proved us wrong on that one. We gave up on the eating out when she pitched a major fit in front of the restaurant and all the way down the street and back.
The one thing that got her to calm down was Nate's genius idea of making hot tea in our room with some snacks. My hat is off to the big Papa!


So here we sit patiently in our hotel room while she goes in and out of happy and sad. We've got enough snacks and drinks here to sustain her, but not sure about us. That's the next thing to figure out. We've figured out that staying in our hotel is our best bet since she needs to realize that this is "home" and we are not going back to the orphanage. At this point, she keeps telling us she wants to go home and asks us to take her there.

We haven't been able to get her jacket off or her snow boots yet and she won't put on her regular "inside" shoes because I'm sure she thinks that if she puts those on it means she really has to stay. We've worked her hat and scarf off because she was sweating bullets, but once we get the jacket and shoes off we'll know she's settled in a bit. Until then, I'm off to be with my daughter and enjoy that I have her no matter how tired I am!

1 Samuel 1:27 "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

been praying for you guys. Congratulations on the huge milestone!
-Andy

candice said...

"In a moment what has been is lost in what will be... When LOVE takes you in..."

Do you have this song in your head yet? It is one of my favorites. Pretty much sums up the day for you!

kate said...

Poor, sweet baby. She must have been so confused. I'm glad she had her six-year-old friend to explain things to her.