Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Off and Running

Well, we know Daughter of Purpose is getting stronger...she can now open the refrigerator all by herself! She seems to be quite proud of herself. I wasn't sure how this was going to affect things. I wasn't sure if she would now stand in front of it continually surveying her food options and hounding me to eat or if she would take it in stride. So far, it's been somewhere in the middle of there. It hasn't been a problem thus far.

We've also noticed her strength increase because she will now go up and down the stairs by herself. She used to stand there waiting for the next victim (or sucker) to convince that they needed to carry her up or down. There are still some times we carry her for times sake, but for the most part she's on her own.

Running was a foreign concept to her when she arrived here. Now that her strength is increasing, we see her attempts at speed increasing. She may end up on her rear-end because her brain got ahead of her feet, but at least she's trying. Upon arrival, it was like as if the thought of running had never occurred to her.

I'm sure that better nutrition is helping immensely with this, but I also have to credit my dear husband. He's the one that is always so good with the kids at pushing them to learn new things. I tend to be in a hurry so I take the easy route with the kids and do things for the kids that they can do themselves. He takes the time and pushes them to do it themselves. I'm pretty sure I would still be dressing them, tying their shoes, bathing them, drying them off, combing their hair, etc if it weren't for Nate. It never really dawns on me to give them the opportunity to try new things until I see him doing it. So...thank you, Love. We make a good team.

1 Samuel 1:27 "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you both are such an encouragement to me...and such a great model of a great marriage.
I watch you two :)
I want to come over and just hang sometime. since Daughter of Purpose is coming along so well in english, I won't feel so lost in talking to her

Anonymous said...

Gag me... get a room already! : )

J/K....miss you guys.

Winter said...

I'm so that way too! Isn't that great how God will match you up?!