Friday, August 1, 2008

Imagination

Daughter of Purpose is now speaking more English than Russian (I can't believe it happened so quickly!), but a sure sign that she is blending into our family is the use of her imagination. I had noticed off and on a bit of playing along with the kids in their creative play, but recently have noticed a full-bore use of her imagination.

Earlier this week, Daughter of Purpose got herself into some trouble and lost the privilege of going to the pool. While Daddy took all of her siblings to the pool and I stayed home with her, she decided to unleash her creativity (after a good cry) and make her own pool experience. It was quite a sight. She and her siblings had thrown a bunch of pillows and blankets on the floor and were jumping off of the couch into the "pool" before they left. Daughter of Purpose took advantage of this set-up and decided that if she couldn't go swimming with the rest of the family then she would still find a way to go. It cracked me up because she got out her goggles, flippers and even wanted a towel. When she was "cold" she had me wrap her in a towel so she could warm up. She even showed me many tricks off the "diving board" and had me cuddle with her while she was wrapped up in her towel after she was done swimming.

I am in awe of how she has adjusted to our family. From picking up on English at the speed of light to the ability to use her imagination in a new language. Sometimes it seems like she's always been here.

1 Samuel 1:27 "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him."

No comments: