Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Love of Music

As Daughter of Purpose increases in her English, so does her ability to sing in English. If there is one thing that we have found Daughter of Purpose to love, it is most definitely music. She just can't seem to get enough of it. I even think it is helping her English skills. I have even thought that as we get ready to start the Awana year, that maybe I should consider teaching her the weekly verses with music.

With her love of music in mind, I do have to say that some of my favorite moments have come as I've listened to Daughter of Purpose belt out her English songs. There was that moment that she was trucking along in the car with us and joined in with a Newsboys song, "Your Love is Better Than Life." It is a family thing to turn up that song and sing it at the top of our lungs--thank you Daddy for that one. It sort of like an initiation for our family and I think she passed!

Each Sunday Daughter of Purpose goes into the church service with us--the adults. It is music to my ears to listen to her sing along with all of us. Some songs she doesn't know the words, but she is sure trying! Then there was the Sunday that "Never Let Go" by Matt Redman was sung. It was a VBS song this year and now we were singing it in the adult service. You should've seen her face light up when she realized that she knew this song! You should've heard her singing that day! Oh yes, maybe you did hear it. I'm pretty sure everyone in the world heard it!

1 Samuel 1:27 "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh I wish I could have heard her!