Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Life Motto


I haven't been able to pull together all of the pictures I wanted to share with you. Maybe another day. What I wanted to show you was all of the pictures of the kids doing VBS this year. We did VBS at my parents church to practice for VBS at our church. It was a good opportunity for Daughter of Purpose to get used to her siblings coming and going.

When it came to the week of our VBS, I stayed with her and committed myself to her group, but with the hope that she would become comfortable and allow me to come and go also. We had victory with this. At the beginning of the week, she check with me about every 5-10 minutes with, "Mama nee-yet bye-bye?" I would gently remind her that I was not leaving. The second day, the intervals in between these inquiries was greater. So she was becoming more comfortable.

By Wednesday morning of that week, Daughter of Purpose bolted down the aisle of the church at the beginning. I hung back to see what she would do. Without looking back, she found her group and joined in with the music. Once music was done, she started asking for me so they came and found me.

By day 4, she did the same thing and was willing to let me come and go. By the last day, I simply dropped her off and then picked her up at the end. That is such a huge victory! I actually went off campus and enjoyed a Starbucks all by myself to celebrate!

The picture above is quite telling of her life. I think it is picture perfect.
1 Samuel 1:27 "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him."

No comments: