Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Beauty of a Cancellation

As I recounted the recent part of our adoption journey to a friend this weekend, I realized that because I have my running shoes on, I'd forgotten to journal some of the journey. It just amazes me how I can get up each morning and think that I know what my day holds, yet each day God blows my plans and decides to place His fingerprints all over it.

As I compile something like 23 documents on top of what is necessary to revise our homestudy--and in a hurry--it can be overwhelming. On one particular day, I felt like I did not know what end was up. Kid you not, I could sit at my computer and literally every 5 minutes, either the phone rang with info I needed or I could hit my "send/receive" button on my e-mail and receive multiple e-mails. It was in the midst of this that I was getting frustrated because the doctor of Nathan and I did not have an opening for at least 2 weeks out. I thought, "Are you kidding me? I'm in a hurry to get our daughter out of Russia. Don't they know that?" So I asked to leave a message for the doctor so I could ask for special permission to squeeze in sooner. He did not return my call and did not return my call. A day and half later, I finally called his office to see what was going on. Wouldn't you know it that when I called, they "just happened" to have a cancellation that very next day at 2:45. It was a 45 minute time-frame so it would allow both of us to go in and have our medical paperwork filled out! I felt like giving the receptionist a big hug and asking if I could send a thank you note to the person who cancelled!

Things like this keep happening and it just encourages me, in my weariness, to press on and know that a little girl in Russia is waiting at the end of this paper chase. She will be such a great reward!

II Corinthians 5:7 "For we walk by faith, not by sight."

No comments: