Friday, December 21, 2007

Wrap Up for Christmas

As everyone wraps up their business in anticipation of Christmas today, we will also be wrapping up a few missing items for our adoption.

I was able to get a hold of someone very helpful with Department of Justice and they re-issued a new letter for Nathan with the correct spelling yesterday. It should be on it's way. Now let's hope it's right the 2nd time around!

We will also be off to see the psychiatrist today at 3:00pm. Although we have that scheduled, we are still not "in the clear" on that one. Prayer coverage during this time would be welcomed.

More of the psychiatrist puzzle was revealed to me yesterday as I talked on the phone with the woman who I believe is the office manager for the psychiatrist. I learned that he does not usually do these one-time evaluations for adoptions. She just happened to catch wind of what we were asking. He's only doing it because his office manager has an adoption heart (she was adopted herself) and asked him to do it for us. She doesn't even know us, but somehow our story has captured her attention. It was even more interesting as I looked up the directions to the office last night and realized that they close on Fridays at 3:00. He is doing this after hours. I also know that his office manager is not scheduled to work today, but she is coming in just for us. What they are doing for us, is all so amazing since they don't even know us--yet! As I shared our story with the office manager yesterday on the phone and told her about all of the "just happened" type of things, and she realized that she was one of those "just happened" people on our journey, I thought she was going to cry!

Every part of this adoption journey is amazing--the easy and the hard--if you ever want an increase in your faith, just adopt. Nothing has increased my faith more because every day I see the fingerprints of God. I keep thinking about this verse:

Hebrews 11:1 - "Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."

That would be right where we are at. We take one step at a time in the direction God leads us being hopeful and yet certain, at the same time, that our daughter is at the end of this journey!

II Corinthians 5:7 "For we walk by faith, not by sight."

No comments: