Friday, June 27, 2008

Daughter of Purpose


I've decided that my new daughter needs a new name. You see, when I blog I try to not use my children's real names--especially when I write Mommy Map. I had been wondering what our new daughter's name was going to be because I can't keep calling my two daughters "new daughter" and "older daughter" because that's just plain boring.
So as I rushed around the house cleaning before some friends came over for dinner tonight and my new daughter followed me everywhere dying to help me, I thought up her new name. It came to me while I pondered about how she loves to help me with anything with purpose. Today it was while she was arguing me about cleaning the toilet. She was yelling at me, "Me do it!" because she wanted to participate in cleaning the toilet so badly. I was trying to explain to her that Mommy would do the yucky part and she could just do the seat and lid. She would have nothing of my ideas and wouldn't let up until I gave in and let her take the sponge and happily clean the toilet. It was in that moment that I decided that I would call her "Daughter of Purpose." She loves doing things with purpose, but I also believe that God has pulled her out of the life of an orphan and given her a life with hope for a purpose. I believe that He is going to use her in a mighty way someday. So she is now officially crowned with a special blogging name--Daughter of Purpose! May she live out her name.
1 Samuel 1:27 "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him."

No comments: