Friday, June 27, 2008

Snippets of Conversations

Daughter of Purpose is coming along quite well with her English. There are still moments that I'm still not sure exactly what transpired in our conversation, but for the most part she is doing really well. Here are a few examples of what you would hear around here.

On a regular basis, you can hear her voice bellowing out, "(Insert name here), come here, please!" I think that's pretty darn good that she would be using a full sentence already and with manners!

Yesterday she came around the corner while I was on the computer and said, "Mom, get off the computer!" I just had to laugh at that one because I honestly don't know where she picked it up from!

Earlier today I asked her to do something and she responded, "In a minute, Mom." I turned to my son that was in the kitchen with me and said, "Did she just say what I think she said?" He responded, "Yep, she just said 'In a minute, Mom' to you."

Those were the moments that I knew exactly what was being said. However, earlier today she and I had a most interesting conversation that I believe was about Spiderman. She had asked me to come upstairs because she wanted help with the costumes. She did a little charades with me and I figured out that she wanted the Spiderman costume. So I pulled it out and told her that this was her brother's costume (because now she thinks everything belongs to her unless we state otherwise). That's when it got bizarre because I think we were not fully understanding each other, but yet thought we were. I'm pretty sure her response to me was that she now thought her brother was Spiderman. She then went on to tell me that Spiderman must have to blow his nose because her brother blows his nose too. After helping her get the costume one, I asked her if she wanted to wear the Spiderman costume during nap time. She pretty much told me, "No, Spiderman doesn't need naps." When I walked away from that conversation I felt like shaking my head vigorously like a cartoon character and hoping it would clear away the weirdo conversation I had just had. Maybe it was just a figment of my imagination...

1 Samuel 1:27 "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him."

No comments: