Saturday, June 14, 2008

Silly Goose

So much has happened in the last week and so little time to tell you about it! I usually write these blogs after the kids have gone to bed at night, but lately I can't keep my eyes open after 9:00 pm to save my life! Adding this new "baby" to our family is really kicking me in the pants! Maybe it's the fact that this "baby" can walk, keeps me mentally on my toes and doesn't like to sleep for fear of missing something. If I compare that to a newborn that sleeps all of the time--I guess I have reason to be exhausted. I keep thinking that it's just like the adjustment of adding a newborn to our family. It will just take a few weeks to get adjusted.

As our daughter's English vocabulary grows by leaps and bounds each day and I hear her using more English than Russian, it creates some memories that I will cherish. One day, in my spare time, I am going to copy and paste all of these things I journal here and put them in a Word document so I don't forget.

My favorite English conversation that happened this week was while we were outside as a family after dinner. Nate and I were just sittin' around while the kids were playing on their bikes and scooters. When our new daughter got here, we got our tricycles out for her to play on. The older kids acted as if they had never seen them before (even though they were theirs in the first place) and have thought they were the greatest thing ever! This particular night, the kids were racing up and down the street on their scooters and tricycles. They were even timing each other.
While sitting there, it cracked me up when our new daughter walked up to her Daddy, planted a kiss on his check and then slyly asked for yogurt in her very sweetest voice. She hadn't eaten very much dinner and was trying to "work" her Daddy. Like a smile, smoozing can surpass language!

Shortly after the smoozing incident, Nate decided to jump in on the racing action and hopped on a tricycle himself. You can see from the picture how our daughter felt about that! What I loved during this time was how she encouraged him with her new English words. After one round on the circuit (and his legs burning like crazy), she walked up to her Daddy and said, "Good job, Daddy! Give me five!" while holding our her hand for "five."

She then spent the rest of the time using her other favorite line of mine (which she learned from me), "Silly Goose!" Whenever she would see Nate on the tricycle, she would say, "Silly Goose, Daddy!" Frankly, everyone was a "silly goose" that night.


Our daughter in her new found love--a chicken costume. She discovered the costume box this week and has spent more time in this suit than out. In fact, one particular day we had to go "head to head" over the chicken suit. She did not want to take it off when we went out in public. Honestly, I really didn't care if she went out in the costume, but it's been 95-100 degrees here so I knew she would overheat in it. I finally won and got her out of the suit while we went out, but as soon as we returned home, she was back in it. Her favorite thing to do in the suit is to peck at a bowl of popcorn. She is such a character!

1 Samuel 1:27 "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm still laughing... oh man.
Cale might have some competition on the trail to being a comedian...

what a little joy she is...